If your circumstances or academic plans have changed, Students in Transition (SIT) advisors can help you investigate and identify solutions. SIT's conversations with students take into account academics, personal situations, degree and career aspirations, and other conditions that can impact progress. Here are some examples of circumstances in which SIT advisors can help:
- If you want to change majors and doing so involves moving from one IUB school to another.
- If you need to change degrees after academic dismissal; or if you have not yet been reinstated and would like to discuss options.
- If you are returning to complete a degree after three or more years and were either never admitted to your major or were admitted but want to change degrees.
- If you are military affiliated and would like to talk about your transition into or back into college, your interests and goals, or ways to maximize academic and co-curricular experiences.
- If an unusual situation is impacting your progress, and you want to talk to an academic advisor about it.
If you would like to discuss your situation, complete the brief Students in Transition referral form, and an SIT advisor will be in touch with you.